Point-of-Use Optimization Program
Point-of-Use Optimization program
- Review space, consumption, labour and storage equipment
- Reconfiguration of supply rooms
- Preparation of business case
- $$$$ savings (usually ranges from 10%-25%)
- Improvement in utilization of space, hence reduction in service frequency
- Reduced labour requirements due to reduction in frequency
- Inventory reduction due to comprehensive consumption analysis
- Time savings for nurses due to organized, clearly identified supply rooms.
- Managed through materials management and not nursing.